Tax filing is an inevitability for all types of entities. Whether you’re an individual, corporation, partnership or trust, we excel in tax planning, preparation and compliance. What sets us apart, however, is our dedication to helping you get the most from your tax filings at every angle.
Available to field questions and deliver sound advice year round, our Calgary accounting firm views taxes from a holistic perspective, without billing you for every minute detail. Because of this we critically analyze your short and long-term goals, personal family circumstances, and unique shareholder arrangements to deliver the comprehensive tax planning strategy best suited to your business needs. With the right procedures in place, tax season is a breeze and your tax liabilities are carefully managed.
We prepare the tax compliance and provide consulting on:
- Personal tax returns
- Corporate tax returns
- Partnership and trust tax returns
- T4 and T5 slips based on tax planning considerations
- GST/HST, PST, and other indirect tax requirements
- CRA clearance certificate applications, tax waivers and elections, and non-resident tax filings
- Tax reorganizations, including amalgamations, windups and mergers and acquisitions
When you are deeply involved in your business, it can be hard to see the forest through the trees. As a result, there are often many decisions to make, pulling your attention in multiple directions. Because of this, it can sometimes be a challenge to stay on top of everything.
So when it comes to putting together the correct financial statements for year-end requirements, financing, or business succession, an objective and experienced eye makes a big difference. Improving the efficiency and profitability of your business is any entrepreneur’s goal, and we are suited to assist you in achieving that.
We provide comprehensive financial reporting for both review and compilation engagements.
We can support you with the following:
- Compilation (NTR) provided as part of year-end process
- Assurance engagements (review) to satisfy third party requirements
- Year round availability for inquiry
- Proactive advice to optimize accounting practices
- Recommendations to maximize deductions and tax credits
When it comes to starting a business, the act of incorporating is a topic likely to come up. Incorporating comes with many considerations, advantages and disadvantages, and may or may not be an optimal choice for your specific needs. Because of all of the decisions to consider, our Calgary-based Chartered Professional Accountants are here to help with this important decision.
If incorporating makes the most sense, our appropriate shareholder structures can help with avoiding headaches down the road, aid in deferral solutions, and lead to tax minimization. We can get you set up on the correct path to incorporating your business while teaching you what you need to know for growth. As a result, our incorporation services are thorough and geared towards ensuring your articles allow for reorganization and corporate structure changes with ease.
We will provide you with the following:
- Articles of incorporation and corporate bylaws
- Shareholder and director resolutions
- Corporate minute book
- Advice and direction to get started on your business
Payroll and bookkeeping are essential components to the day-to-day operations of nearly any successful business. Let’s face it, as a business owner you have many demands pulling you in different directions.
There is an extreme benefit to letting professionals take care of these aspects of your company. With the right help, you never risk falling behind and so you can rest assured that matters are being handled correctly at the end of the day. Our Calgary accounting firm has bookkeeping and payroll management systems in place. Because of these systems, tax and corporate year-end filings commence smoothly and efficiently.
Alternatively, many business owners wish to take these matters into their own hands. Our accounting firm can also provide the training and support necessary for you to maintain and grow these aspects of your business on your own terms. Additionally our experienced team will guide you in setting up efficiently tailored systems, and our capabilities in cloud-based solutions like Quickbooks Online, Xero, and Wave Accounting puts you on the forefront of your payroll and bookkeeping requirements.
We provide the following services:
- Bookkeeping on a quarterly, monthly, or annual basis
- Payroll on a bi-weekly, monthly, or annual basis
- Quickbooks Online, Xero, and Wave Accounting options for cloud-based solutions
- Training and advice if you wish to manage your bookkeeping and payroll requirements yourself
Starting a business is an exciting endeavour, but sometimes the finer accounting and financial details can seem overwhelming. Our accounting firm is well versed in helping businesses find their feet.
By having the right team of accountants at your side from the get go, you can develop the systems and practices best suited to your needs.
Knowing the inner workings of your start-up will lay a foundation for intelligent business ownership. Kapasi & Associates will teach you to understand the process of record keeping and tax planning requirements, while guiding you in developing the financial plans and cash flow projections that will aid you in obtaining financing.
Our team wants to see you grow and succeed, which is why we set you up for just that and why we’re excited to travel with you on your start-up journey.
We can guide you with the following:
- Setting up your organizational structure
- Financial plans and cash flow projections
- Accounting best practices and systems
Planning for business succession involves many moving parts, so it helps to speak with professionals who have experience. Over the existence of our firm we have helped a variety of different businesses with their succession planning, so we are confident in our ability to help you prepare.
Our in-house tax specialists are equipped to advise you on selling assets or shares and managing tax pools and losses. As a result, we can help you realize the best tax planning tools to minimize or defer taxes, and will be available to guide you every step of the way.
We can assist you in the following:
- Wind-ups, amalgamations, and restructuring for sale of a business
- Employee buy-ins and owner buy-outs
- Inter-generational transfers to family members
- Marital breakdown planning and divesting of assets